BlockApps is building a next generation platform on the blockchain. Our product touches multiple technologies, and we are looking for polyglots to help us build up a new and exciting platform.
The core is a real-time global p2p network for contracts, finances, distributed corporations, and artists to securely collaborate (this is the promise of the next generation, fully Turing Complete blockchain). We implement this network, then add APIs and tools which can be used by websites, mobile front ends, and applications to interact with and build upon this network.
The backend is written using the principles of functional programming (in Haskell). Strong functional programming language knowledge is a plus (Haskell, Scala, F#); however a mastery of classical computing languages and tools (C and SQL, for instance) is much more important, and we are happy to teach you Haskell on the job.
- Programming, and more programming!
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to architect the system.
- Explore and recommend existing complementary libraries and tools (we value individuals who are proficient in code reuse).
- Quickly read and understand the inner workings and compatibility of sibling p2p tools.
- Work with the customer to craft blockchain solutions, then augment the platform with the supporting backend functionality.
You should have a background in many of the following technologies:
- OSs: Linux, but also Mac, Windows
- SQL (we use Postgresql)
- REST/HTTP, JSON/XML
- Database design
Other “nice-to-haves” include:
- Web and mobile frontend
- Blockchain contract coding
- Language design
- Understanding of p2p networks
For more information and an even more detailed job description, send your resume and a brief introduction to email@example.com. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!