BlockApps, Inc. is a dynamic start-up that’s looking for an office manager who’s willing to be the Jack or Jane of all trades and can ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency of office operations and procedures.
The Office Manager will report to the President and to the CEO of the Company and will be responsible for providing office management services, including, but not limited to, maintaining office services and office records.
- We’re a startup, so what this job may look like can and will be varied from day to day, however expect that as an Office Manager, you’re going to be the ground traffic controller of many things that make our business run smooth – including:
- Are you familiar with Brooklyn? Good, you’ll be helping us find a good new space and will manage and coordinate that process start to finish.
- Do you know how to write a crisp and succinct job description and make sure the right eyeballs get on it so we can hire the right folks? Can you be an HR generalist? Awesome, that’s something you’ll do too.
- Our team travels all over the world for work, so you’ll be helping with scheduling and managing traveling arrangements.
- Can you plan an event? Do you know how to pull strings to get a party of 20 a reservation at a restaurant on short notice? That will be useful.
- You’ll also help us with our general bookkeeping, invoicing, billing etc.
- Are you detail oriented? Do you cross all the t’s and dot all the i’s? This is a must.
- The list goes on. We promise you that you’ll be in an incredibly fast paced, fun work environment. You’ll be among people who are truly passionate about blockchain technology and what BlockApps represents. It would be helpful if you know a bit about the blockchain industry as well, but not necessary as an open mind is a higher priority and will get you up to speed even quicker.
Skills: You should have all sorts of skills, some of which must be:
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- team building skills;
- analytical and problem solving skills;
- decision making skills;
- effective verbal and listening communications skills;
- attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- very effective organizational skills;
- effective written communications skills;
- computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing programs, Slack, Quickbooks, email systems, social media websites;
- stress management skills; and
- time management skills.
(The Serious Part) Personal Attributes: The applicant must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Finance and Administration Officer. The applicant must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- A strong work ethic
For more information and an even more detailed job description, send your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!