Track & Trace is a flexible asset tracking application built by BlockApps.
Track & Trace makes it easy for all parties of a supply chain to view asset provenance and status in real-time – greatly improving both operational efficiency and reporting capabilities.
One of the key benefits of blockchain technology is its ability to track scarce assets in an incredibly reliable manner. Asset tracking is a core element of many business operations and especially supply chain management.
Track and trace addresses two unique challenges for supplier networks:
- Track – Easily review or update information about who has assets are and the what lifecycle state they’re in
- Trace – Accurate and timely information about asset provenance (where it came from)
Track & Trace enables:
- Full lifecycle tracking of the asset from creation to bidding and final exchange
- STRATO’s latest built-in privacy features for data security and visibility
- Single-Sign On (SSO) and authorization features
- Asset provenance from regulatory perspective
The application has four different user roles built-in that corresponds to a typical supply chain:
Create the assets that need to be tracked and manage bids for them
Bid on assets and update their status as they are delivered
Purchase final assets from distributors
Monitor all relevant activity in real time
Demo & User Flow
- Smart Contracts
- Assets in track & trace are represented by smart contracts. The herbicide asset in this demo is represented by a smart contract containing its key characteristics.
- Creating the Asset
- Manufacturers create and lists a herbicide asset and includes custom fields to track EPA registration, GTIN, and other industry-standard identifiers.
- Bid & Exchange
- Distributors make private bids for this herbicide asset
- Manufacturers accept a bid and launch a smart contract to track the exchange record and fulfillment of the order
- Distribution & Application
- Distributors can then repeat this process for sale to downstream Retailers
- Bids and other private information are kept that way by using private chains
- Data Visibility (Private Chains)
- Privacy is built in to track & trace, and information like price is kept confidential and secure as the asset exchanges hands.
- Dashboard and Compliance
- All the while, Regulators have visibility into all bids and transactions in real-time.
- All parties can see the blockchain “back end” of their respective data visibility from the Management Dashboard.
- Simple Login (SSO/OAuth)
- All users have simple and secure login options with enterprise-grade OAuth and SSO built-in.
Track & Trace is created and maintained by BlockApps. It is optimized for use and installation with BlockApps STRATO – making it can be installable as a built-in component to a new STRATO network and easily added (less than a week) to an existing network.
Beyond outright seamless compatibility with STRATO blockchain networks, Track & Trace offers highly flexible levels of customization:
- Customize smart contracts to include asset properties specific to your business
- Configure the roles and data visibility of your network
- Track multiple assets with different SKUs, prices and lifecycles in one app
- Securely connect existing ERP (e.g. SAP, Oracle) systems to the blockchain network via API