In this applications, a few generic supply chain events are built in:
- Manufacturers create assets and request bids for their purchase
- Distributors then bid on these assets
- Manufacturers accept a bid and launch a smart contract to track the fulfillment of this order
Distributors can then repeat this process for sale to Retailers; all while Regulators have visibility into all bids and transactions in real-time.
This application takes advantage of STRATO’s built-in features for managing privacy, governance and authentication in order to create the four distinct roles in the network with proper permissions and visibility.
In this demo, Lior takes us through the first steps of asset tracking in the track and trace application:
- Creating an order as a manufacturer
- Bidding on it as a distributor
- Accepting the bid again as a manufacturer
- Finally, he shows the regulators view of the entire process
Supply Chain Management with Blockchain
It’s no secret that SCM is a high-value use case for blockchain technology. Fortune 500 companies like Bayer and BHP Billiton leverage STRATO’s track-and-trace to build their enterprise solutions.
We call our demo “track-and-trace” because it addresses two unique challenges for supplier networks:
- Track – Easily review or update information about who has assets are and the what lifecycle state they’re in
- Trace – Accurate and timely information about asset provenance (where it came from)
BlockApps was the first company incubated out of ConsenSys in 2015 and has created several industry innovations including the launch of the best, easy-to-use, most powerful Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) platform on the market called STRATO.
Since launching STRATO on Microsoft Azure in 2015, BlockApps has become the first blockchain company to partner with all major cloud platforms (Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform) and is a founding member of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (the world’s largest open standard blockchain organization). Today, we continue to expand our partner network and the enterprise-grade capabilities of STRATO.