BlockApps STRATO is already OAuth-enabled, meaning any network or application can be configured to allow users to login with existing service providers. This feature is great for both the security and convenience of STRATO networks and applications.
With OAuth users simply sign in with existing accounts in one click, making their experience seamless. No more annoying username & password login information to keep track of, or even type in!
The benefit is further compounded for users who work with multiple accounts, providing additional simplicity to people who use the service the most!
Using OAuth means fewer passwords to worry about storing, updating and (in some cases) sharing. OAuth has the security standards of the world’s most-trusted services (e.g. Google) and are updated as such, meaning less security risk for everyone involved.
Automation & RBAC – a team or enterprise account (e.g. google) can also be used as a filter and automation tool. For example, you could use it to:
- Limit access to groups and teams within certain organizations (e.g. email@example.com, but not firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Configure automatic role-based access control (RBAC) so that new users get out-of-the-box features and access relevant to their role
Integration – If your team uses a specific service for access management overall (e.g. Microsoft AD), then the existing permissions schemes can easily be extended to STRATO as well. This leads to:
- Simpler access management for IT teams and enterprises: changes made in the organization’s system will automatically be reflected in STRATO
- Better integration with other services that use the same OAuth system: STRATO can access documents from shared drives or data from other services (e.g. SAP) on automatically on behalf of the user
- STRATO also accepts custom Discovery URLs, so that any custom access rules are automatically matched in STRATO